Translate

Monday, March 10, 2014

Teach Me Twitter


Tonight I participated in a live twitter chat; #ELLCHAT. It opened an entire new world for me. I have never explored my options through Twitter, the most used micro-blogging program today. Over the years I have had a pre-conceived notion that Twitter was only a gossip site. After tonight's live chat, that notion has been erased. 

The connections, ideas and reflections of past experiences were brought to the chat.  The topic was on bullying.  More specifically, bullying with ELLs. The best part about the chat was how serious other educators participated.  The chat begin promptly at 9PM and the tweets did not stop until 10PM. I truly feel that live chats on Twitter can benefit any educator with their professional development. It takes you out of your comfort zone and hear what other educators have learned and experienced in their school, and the steps they take to solve problems.  

Many of the educators shared resourceful journal articles on bullying as well.  One of the articles shared was very interesting and I saved it in my Diigo account titled, 8 Tips to Protect ELLs from Bullying in Your Classroom and school. This article provided 8 clear tips on how to protect ELLs from bullying.  This article can be passed along to parents as well. 

By attending this chat, I can now utilize this experience in my future teaching career. As educators we should never stop learning through each other.  Live chat provides a great support to keep the learning meaningful and engaging! 









Educational Technology and Mobile Learning

The Teachers Guide to Twitter

1 comment:

  1. It sounds as if the topic of this chat was a really good one. Thanks for the link to the article.

    ReplyDelete